Income-Employment & Centrelink

Income is the money you receive from your employer, Centrelink, a trust or any other source. It may be paid to you weekly, fortnightly, monthly or even annually.

When you receive income from employers they are obliged to provide you with a payslip. This will detail the Gross amount (before tax) and Nett pay (amount paid to you after tax) in that pay period.

If you receive a payment from Centrelink, you must declare any additional income you receive from an employer or other source to Centrelink. You can do this online, on the Centrelink call number or in person at a Centrelink office. Centrelink will instruct you of how often you need to report your income.

For smart ways to make your Income last- See SkillBot Budgeting