Interest groups are...
An Interest group is a group of people who get together and meet regularly because they share a common interest, concern, or purpose.
Some people form or join a social group to connect and develop social skills and make friends.
Interest groups can be a good source of information and support and are usually formally organised but they can also be a casual and relaxed get together.
Types of groups
Here are just some of the many types of Interest groups you could join:
- Sporting teams or clubs like NRL, AFL, Soccer, Hockey, Netball or Softball
- Tennis days/nights or Table tennis comps
- Book clubs
- Courses run in your local area by Universities, Tafe, Community colleges or private organisations
- Bike riding groups who ride on Bike paths or mountain bike tracks
- Skateboarding or Roller blading
- Surf lifesaving which could lead into surfing, boogie boarding or Paddle boarding
- Off road motorcycle riding
- Computer, internet and Technology (Computer Gaming)
- Art and craft or scrap booking
- Cooking and Food sharing
There are many more!! Figure out what you like to do and then have a search around on the net, on notice boards or in the local paper to find the groups available in your area.